Last year I wanted to get to one hundred thank yous but stopped at seventy.
This year I’m stopping at twenty-five and sharing most of my thank yous in real life.
Thank you to everyone who reads/scrolls/scans/casually checks in–I love you, I’m thankful for you. Because if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?
Other thank yous, in no particular order:
- My mom and family members at home who are willing to make what’s theirs mine and mine theirs
- Two hour drives home
- Got dogs and office hours
- Good ideas and helpful committee members
- The entire 2010 Fall Semester, in all its almost-done glory
- Sunday night television dates
- Bethenny Frankel and SkinnyGirl margaritas
- The favorite button on Twitter (Jokes on Twitter)
- People who laugh at my jokes
- People who tell fantastic jokes
- Jean-Luc Godard
- New music
- People and dogs who will dance with me
- Wonderful journeys
- Screenplays and books available online
- People that inspire earthquakes, hearth fires, honesty and good intentions
- The Simpsons
- Breaking the silence by reading something that makes me laugh out loud.